Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Bammy Awards.....Honoring Educators and What We All Bring To Young People

Last September I had the amazing honor of going to Washington D.C. to be honored at the First Annual Bammy Awards as part of the BAM 100.  They identified the most influential members of the "Twitterati" and honored 100 of us at the Bammy Award Ceremony on September 15th

It was such a special night and meant so much to be honored with the people who influence me every day.  I took back the experience to my school in Van Meter, Iowa and shared the stories of others knowing this would also inspire my community too.  
                                 
A few months ago Bam Radio Network opened up nominations for this years Bammy Awards.  I was happy to receive an email that said I was nominated in the new category of "School Librarian".  I was so moved and humbled to read the nominations from colleagues and friends from around the country and within my school, parents, and even one of my students.   

On May 29, 2013 the Final 115 Bammy Award Nominees were announced.  This is the official press release from Errol St. Clair Smith...
You can read it here too.
I am honored to be one of five finalists for the School Librarian Bammy Award.
The other four finalists are all very dear friends of mine and amazing teacher librarians.  To be included in this group is truly a honor.  And to look at all of the teacher librarians who were nominated for Bammy Awards is amazing too.  In our profession we have such incredible people surrounding us all the time.  It is one of the best parts of being a teacher librarian....Our tribe is simply the best.

In September, the 2nd Annual Bammy Awards Ceremony will take place again in Washington D.C.  I look forward to spending time with all of the wonderful people at the awards.

Thank you to everyone at Bam Radio Network for lifting up and saying thank you to all of the educators that make a difference in the lives of our young people each and every day.

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment