Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tara Lazar, Author of "The Monstore", Visited Our 1st Graders In The Library

We had a very exciting new friend visit our library this week!  

Tara Lazar and I met each other last week and soon discovered that we just had to bring her to our little ones at Van Meter to share her super fun book, The Monstore
Ever since I saw The Monstore and bought it for a friend of mine, I have loved the story, characters, and illustrations created by James Burks.
Tara met our first graders over Skype in the library on Monday.  She read The Monstore....using silly animated voices which they absolutely loved.
When Tara finished reading her book, the first graders asked wonderful questions learning so much about her book, writing, and reading.  It was great fun hearing their conversations with Tara.

This will be a book that I just won't be able to keep on the shelves....

especially after this special visit.
I also love Tara's blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).  You just have to check it out.

Thank you Tara....We can't wait until your next visit to Van Meter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me, Shannon! The kids were a delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Tara. You were so much fun....The kids LOVED it. <3 We can't wait to have you back my friend.

      Delete