Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My 2nd Grade Friends & Their Teacher Mrs. Ferguson Created A Beautiful Book About Their Dreams With Cantata Learning & FlipSnackEdu

There is a little group of kids in Van Meter who are LOVING a bunch of new books.  
They are Tracy Ferguson's 2nd graders.  And the books they love are the Cantata Learning books! They have all of the first season books within their classroom and are using them everyday. 
Tracy and I decided to do a special project together using one of their favorites... Peaceful Leader....Martin Luther King Jr.   
After they reading the book and singing the song, we thought it would be so much fun to create their very own book filled with their dreams.

Tracy and I decided to use the illustrations and their words to create a FlipSnackEdu eBook.

Every one of the students created an illustration of their dream on a white sheet of paper.  They also wrote it out somewhere on the paper and signed their name.
They did an amazing job creating their dreams. 
When every one of the students had their own illustrated dream created, Tracy took the stack to the printer and scanned them.

I had her scan them all together into one downloadable file.  By doing this, it is then very easy to connect to....
FlipSnackEdu to create their own flippable eBook.
It is so easy to do this with FlipSnackEdu.

When Tracy scanned the stack of illustrations, she sent it as one file.
I also created a title page within Google Presentation (I like using that tool because I can create pages from a blank template)....
and two opening pages too.
I added these three pages to the beginning of the file.

I then downloaded it and saved it all as a PDF.  I then created a new FlipSnack and selected that PDF file to upload.
Once all of the pages are uploaded into your new FlipSnack it allows you to choose a lot of different editing options like adding Text, Action, Multimedia, Illustrations, Covers, and more.  

You can also move pages around, delete and add too.
One of the things I am most excited about with FlipSnack is that we can now add Multimedia, including Video and Sound.  

This added another layer to our book with the 2nd graders because they were also able to record their Dreams over the top of the pages each illustrated within the book.

When everyone was finished recording within their page, the FlipSnack was published.
You are able to share the finished FlipSnack in so many ways, plus it can be Downloaded and Embedded as well.
To view the FlipSnack, you click on Click to Read in the middle of the book....
and it take you into a full screen of the book, with the pages viewable on the bottom.
My 2nd grade friends created a beautiful book and we can't wait to share it with all of you. 

You can view it here and it is embedded below. 






3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a great idea! I was so inspired I went right away to set up a flipsnack account and have been trying for 3 days to get started. When I try to upload a jpg or pdf it says internal server error. I checked with my district and it's not on our end. Any ideas for trouble shooting? Anyone else ever have this message? Thanks again for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it from home and it worked great! Currently trying to get it at school too! Love sharing younger students work with their voice! So fun!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful project! Great job - and well done 2nd graders! I have shared your post with all of our K-4 teacher librarians. I see a new writing project on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete