Friday, August 26, 2016

Three Amazing Teacher Librarians Honored By Scholastic & School Library Journal!

What wonderful news from Scholastic and School Library Journal!

They have named my amazing friend Todd Burleson of Hubbard Woods School in Winnetka, Illinois the 2016 School Librarian of the Year!

I couldn't be more proud of Todd and the difference he is making within his school community and for all teacher librarians everywhere.
Last year I had the pleasure of meeting Todd and visiting his amazing library!  It was like walking into the best place on earth for me and I can just imagine how the children he works with feel everyday.
 Scholastic shared this news on their On Our Minds blog yesterday.  You can read the post here.
I loved reading how excited Todd was and the continued impact he will have on our profession and within education.
There are also two finalists that have been named.

Laura Gardner of Dartmouth Middle School in Dartmouth, MA.  You can read all about Laura here.
And Anita Cellucci of Westborough High School in Westborough, MA.  You can read all about Anita here.
You can also read Todd's announcement in School Library Journal here.

I hope you will join us in congratulating Todd, Laura and Anita on social media using #SchoolLibOTY.

Congrats again friends!  I love what you are doing to impact children, libraries and education everyday.  You are truly an inspiration to all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment