Monday, January 15, 2018

Adding Your PebbleGo To A Collection By Destiny!

In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Black History Month, I have pulled together wonderful books, songs, projects, videos, articles and other resources perfect for all of us and our students. 
You can find the Black History Month Collection here.
For younger students, I added several different places to research using PebbleGo.  You will find African Americans in PebbleGo Biographies....
such as Martin Luther King, Jr.  Also, in PebbleGo Social Studies, there is an article for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. 

Over the weekend, when I was bringing these resources together I realized something super cool about adding PebbleGo articles, categories and modules to a Collection. 

If you are a PebbleGo subscriber and logged into PebbleGo, you can add any individual article, category or module to a Collection. 

There are two ways to do this with a PebbleGo article.
First, you want to make sure you are logged into PebbleGo. I went to the Martin Luther King Jr. article in PebbleGo Biographies. 

I clicked on the Add to Collections Bookmarklet.  I use the Add to Collections Bookmarklet when creating my Collections, so it is very quick and easy.  You can read about this helpful little add on here.

The Add to the Collection box popped up and I picked the Black History Month Collection I wanted to add the PebbleGo article to.  I added a little message too...Learn more about Martin Luther King Jr. in PebbleGo. 
I want to give you a little tip when adding PebbleGo articles. 

It will look like this at first...with just the PebbleGo home screen as the image. 
But now, thanks to our amazing friends at Follett, we can upload a custom image for the resources we add to our Collections.  You can read all about how to do this here.

This is especially helpful for your young readers and researchers.  And us as librarians and teachers too.
 The second way is to copy the URL of that specific PebbleGo article and...
add it yourself to a Collection.  You can also upload an image here. 
 I did the same thing for the Martin Luther King Jr. Day article....
 in PebbleGo Social Studies. 
You can also add the specific PebbleGo modules like I did here with PebbleGo Social Studies and....
the different categories within the PebbleGo databases. 

In this Collection, I wanted to add the African American category from PebbleGo Biographies. 
I added it just like I did above with the PebbleGo article and uploaded an image too. 
As you can see, there are lots of way to use PebbleGo for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Black History Month.  Collections gives us a way to bring them together for our students as they read, research and learn more about these important events and special individuals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment